Re: apt-listchanges: get out of /var/cache/apt

On Mon, Nov 28, 2005 at 09:57:25PM +0000, Andrew Suffield wrote:
> Package: apt-file
> Severity: important
>
> Don't trample upon the namespace of other packages. You can read from
> /var/*/apt. You can't write there. Put your files in
> /var/cache/apt-file/ where they belong.

(the same was reported to apt-listchanges.)

Dear apt maintainer,
do you think it's acceptable to have apt-listchanges file in the same
location as of those of apt? that's

/var/lib/apt/listchanges.db
/etc/apt/listchanges.conf

apt-listchanges can be seen as an "extension" of apt, and it has a
strict depends on it, so without apt it won't be on a user system;
That said, I find it appropriate to have those files in the location
where they are now, and I'd like to hear from you your opinion.

Thanks in advance,