Re: queries about apt-ftparchive

Hi Karl,

2010/5/24 Karl Goetz <karl@kgoetz.id.au>:
> I have two questions I hope someone can help with. I can provide more
> details if required. I'd like to say up front I /have/ attempted to
> read the documentation, and yes, I've tried to provide patches where it
> seemed wrong [1].

thanks for your try. It was not unnoticed, just until now uncomment,
as i have myself no direct interest in apt-ftparchive and unfortunately
nobody else feels responsible at all most of the time… :/

Most of your changes are okay on first glance, some can't be chanced easily
(e.g. the default for config variables) but i will give it a closer look later.

> == How can i get Packages/Contents files only containing the specific
> architectures data? ==

I suspect you are working with the lenny version?
If i am right dak uses a file list to achieve it, but the behavior you
see is the default - i think it can be changed with a Filename Pattern
in the settings, but i would need to look that up and i am short on time
currently…

The version currently in experimental (or to be specific since 0.7.26~exp1)
changes this behavior: It will work as (you) expected with your configuration.
As 0.7.26 is a registered transition it will likely by included in squeeze,
so time will fix it automatically. ;)

> == Tree/BinDir structure repositories. ==

I think i don't understand the question, but apt & co. are in general
to common used to change behavior without years of deprecation,
so i guess the support for both is just one of these features…

(the change above is only okay as tools using these files like APT ignore
these "wrong" stanzas anyway - at least as long as APT can't handle
MultiArch which slowly changes ;) )

Best regards,

David Kalnischkies