Please help a apt ABI break by providing bin-NMUs

Hi,

the apt team plans to upload a new version of apt around 1. April that
unfortunately breaks the ABI. To make this as painless as possible we
would like to coordinate this with you so that we can schedule
bin-NMUs. The ABI break is required for following new features:
- allow multiple ddtp translation downloads
- allow Packages file without long descriptions [0]
- preparation of the cache/data structures for multi-arch support
- better logging

The unstoppable David Kalnischkies deserves kudos for working on most
of these important features.

Please let me know if the timing is ok, we are flexible with the date
and will utilize experimental as a staging area.

On a sidetrack it would be good to know if we should tag RC bug
#558784 [1] as squeeze-ignore and work together on the issue after the
squeeze release or if untagged immediately as you are also the
maintainer of the debian-archive-keyring.

thanks,
 Michael

[0] http://lists.debian.org/deity/2009/08/msg00073.html