Re: RFC interaction with external dependency solver: Debian-CUDF

On Tue, Dec 08, 2009 at 06:21:09PM +0100, Julian Andres Klode wrote:
> Just return something similar to the request stanze or several stanzas
> in the form:
>
>     package: name
>     version: version
>     action: <install/remove/upgrade..>

I've thought a bit about this and I'm find with this proposal for the
"diff" format (the "new status" format can simply remain as it was).

As the only remark, and to keep syntax compatibility as much as
possible, I note that "action" will be view as a package property, but
is not a built-in one, so the following preamble will be added by
compliant dependency solvers:

  preamble:
  property: action: enum[install, remove]

  package: foo
  version: 1
  action: install

  package: bar
  version: 2
  action: remove

The meaning is quite obvious. I just additionally observe that this way
there is no default value for "action" so all packages mentioned in the
diff will be granted to have an action explicitly specified.

Cheers.