Re: RFC interaction with external dependency solver: Debian-CUDF

On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 10:31:20PM +0200, Eugene V. Lyubimkin wrote:
> > Uhm, I'm not sure this explain all the details. At some point, you'll
> > have to decide whether to keep a locally built package (and then
> > consider their dependencies) or to replace it with the "legacy"
> > package. Does your explanation mean that you always replace locally
> > built packages?
> No, fully contrary. The installed packages is parsed first, then all others.
> The other packages which have same version string but other hash sums are just
> throwed out of cache.

So, if I understand correctly the constraints that descend from this, it
means that you cannot force the re-installation of the "official"
package that overrides the locally created one. Is that correct?

BTW, I've discussed a bit with other Mancoosi fellows how to address
both the multiarch and multiple packages with the same version issue,
I'll post a tentative proposal later on today.

Cheers.