Re: I'm leaving APT project

On Tue, Feb 17, 2009 at 11:40:17PM +0200, Eugene V. Lyubimkin wrote:
> Hello Michael, Otavio, Christian, Steve, Daniel, Luca, Julian.
Hi,

> I don't want to say this loudly, but it's the time for me to leave
> APT maintenance.  During last ~3 months I have made some efforts to
> advance APT. With your great help, I believe my changes made APT a
> bit better for Lenny. Now, when Lenny has been just released, I have
> spent some time to decide what I want to see in the package manager
> in Debian, and APT code base doesn't correlate with the result
> much. Being completely satisfiable for most users, it's hard for me
> to develop.

Thanks for all the work you have put into it in the last months, it
was a pleasure to work with you and the doors are always open if you
want to come back!

> I've started my own package manager project from scratch. It uses
> the same infrastructure, but has the different design. If it reach
> usable state, I will propose it for Debian at some future.

I understand that its not always fun to work on the apt codebase. Good
luck with your new project, I honestly whish it all the best.

Thanks again,
 Michael