Re: Pre-approval for apt 0.7.21: 'Valid-Until' feature and proxy changes

Otavio Salvador wrote:
> "Eugene V. Lyubimkin" <jackyf.devel@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Thijs Kinkhorst wrote:
>>> I've removed some CC's.

>>> I'm not sure if we need kerberos for this to work. Just like apt uses a
>>> small version of gnupg to verify signatures, we can use a small version of
>>> the https transport that satisfies our needs?
>> apt-transport-https really depends only on curl, but curl itself has
>> significant amount of dependencies, so maybe, it depends how the curl binary
>> package could  be split.
>
> Or we might consider an alternative way to provide a https method. Did
> someone taken a look how difficult would be to write one?
Oh, no, we don't need another reinvented wheel for https... (btw, who wants
to re-implement openssl or gnutls? :)) We already have it
for http and ftp (which are candidates to be replaced by libcurl (at least
at my view)).

Ukrainian C++ developer, Debian Maintainer, APT contributor