Update or Install Applications on Ubuntu Without an Internet Connection

I would know how to use the proper way to use the terminal using commands like: apt-get but I don't know how to do it in the local machine with no connection and then port it to the one that has the connection to copy the applications to the machine with connection in a directory and then port them to the one with no connection.
My machine has kubuntu 8.10. Can You help?
Thanks in advance