Re: What's serious?

(I sent it to <476891-submitter@bugs.debian.org> instead of <476891@bugs.debian.org>. Here's a copy.)

> I believe that --fix-policy switch is (was?) primarily for Debian
> packagers to check their packages' Recommends. End users usually
> shouldn't care for this. So, yes, severity stays 'normal' for this
> bug.

I'm not agree with this "security through obscurity" principle.
However the major problem is the documentation of
"--install-recommends" and "--no-install-recommends", that obviously
care users.
This lack is unacceptable for apt, one of the most important part of
Debian.
Indeed, you/they can fix this bug in about 5 minutes: you/they have
only to add 2 little sentences in the man.
I remain available to write that part if you/they can't.