Re: my experimental branch, proposing merge

On Mon, Oct 06, 2008 at 09:16:33PM +0200, Luca Bruno wrote:
> Hello,
Hi,

> Michael Vogt suggested me to create an experimental branch and applying some
> patches I think can be applied.
> Here it is: https://code.launchpad.net/~lethalman88/apt/debian-experimental
> It's my first debian branch I publish, and my first bzr repository. If
> something is wrong please note me.
>
> They are all documentation related commits.

Thanks a lot! Both for the merges and for going over the bugreports,
that is a great help!

I merged your changes in the
http://bzr.debian.org/apt/apt/debian-experimental branch.

I would like to have it in sid too, but I'm not sure what to do with
the string freeze. Some strings are internal so that should be
ok. Some are typo fixes in e.g. the README that should be ok too.

But some are changes in the content of the manpage xml file (e.g. the
additions to apt-cache.8.xml). Now I wonder if its still ok to merge
them even if it means that the translations are lacking behind or if
we should leave them out. I would like to have the opinion of
Christian Perrier on this. The man-page are not translated via gettext
so string breaks as such are not a problem, more the delta between the
english and the translated version.

Cheers,
 Michael