Re: [Soc-coordination] GSOC idea for next year: undusting some packages

Quoting Michael Vogt (mvo@debian.org):
> On Wed, Oct 01, 2008 at 07:10:49AM +0200, Christian Perrier wrote:
> > Has anyone noticed how loosely APT is maintained since about...several years?
> [..]
>
> I already answered to this thread briefly but I think it does need a
> longer response (expecially since you explicitely mentioned me).

Really, Michael, I feel the need to re-explain that this was
absolutely *not* targeted at you or any other person who participated
in APT maintenance.

You mentioned me (in private, IIRC) that you were feeling that I'm
frustrated about this. I am not. I think I'm in that "business" for
long time enough to know that long-term maintenance is one of the
weaknesses of FLOSS, sometimes. I just wanted to raise people's
attention about the situation on APT and I'm quite happy that it
apparently succeeded.

Thanls for all that work, indeed and thanks as well for summarizing
all nice things that happened to APT in last years...

> I agree that we need more people and especially more bug triage (a bug
> squashing party maybe?).
>
> But I also think that we should be proud of what we have done!

Definitely.