Re: [Soc-coordination] GSOC idea for next year: undusting some packages

On Wed, Oct 1, 2008 at 8:23 AM, Michael Vogt <mvo@debian.org> wrote:
> I think the reason is that apt is "good enough". It works most of the
> time for most people. Anohter problem might be because people just
> assume that because it is a key package it is certainly well
> maintained and has a good code base (that was my assumption at least a
> long time back :). And a third problem could be that its such a core
> package that it might be a bit scary for some contributors.

My schedule has recently opened up and so I have time to contribute
and would like to help, but just finding the documentation of how to
do so with APT is quite difficult. Perhaps a Teams page on the wiki
similar to http://wiki.debian.org/Teams/Dpkg would help? In
particular, the VCS usage should be described or formalized better (as
I have heard that the link on packages.qa.d.o is not where development
actually occurs), and the link/differences between the ubuntu and
debian development is not clear to me.

Thanks,
Cameron