Re: Are such changes in strings really necessary?

Christian Perrier <bubulle@debian.org> writes:

> Guys, here's what I find as changes in APT PO files:
>

>  #: apt-pkg/cdrom.cc:678
>  #, c-format
>  msgid ""
> -"Found %u package indexes, %u source indexes, %u translation indexes and %u "
> -"signatures\n"
> +"Found %zu package indexes, %zu source indexes, %zu translation indexes and %"
> +"zu signatures\n"
>

> Such changes fuzzied 2 strings in the recent APT upload which means
> that 0.7.10 still has NO languages that is complete.
>
> Are such changes really necessary?

They were done by me to remove some compilation warnings.

> If they are, PLEASE announce them BEFORE uploads so that I can unfuzzy
> strings and finally try to have *complete* translations done.

Ok. My fault. Will do it next time, I promise ;-)

> And if they are, please do ALL of them once and then stop changing
> things at each release. I think that this is like 3 or 4 releases that
> such things happen.

It happens since we end by getting new warnings when gcc gets
updated. I try to keep the code warn free and then it involves we to
change those small things.

I promise I'll try to coordinate it better with you next time.

--
        O T A V I O    S A L V A D O R
 E-mail: otavio@debian.org      UIN: 5906116