Re: apt transition - please bump urgency of libept

Enrico Zini <enrico@enricozini.org> writes:

<...>
> So, as maintainer of C++ packages that use apt and are involved in apt
> transitions every so often, I would like to have some sort of handy way
> to know "you're free to upload to sid" or "hang on a sec, or upload to
> experimental".  A way that possibly doesn't require following both
> deity@ and debian-release@ regularly.
>
> I suppose I'm not the only one, and since libapt-pkg is actively
> maintained and a very useful piece of software, I expect there will be
> even more in the future.

Personally I think that deity is the most logical place for it. It's a
low volume ml and then I see no problem to just use it.

rdepends mail to all involved packages will fail since we all can
forgot to send to someone involved (a not that ofthen used rdepends or
a new one) and this specific one can be the open uploading a package
without noticing it.

I then think that the most easy and logical way for coordinating all
this is using deity as suggested by Daniel.

APT and aptitude are the most ofthen uploaded package and then are the
highly risk ones but all people using libapt-pkg ought to be careful
with this.

--
        O T A V I O    S A L V A D O R
 E-mail: otavio@debian.org      UIN: 5906116