Re: apt transition - please bump urgency of libept

  (this is an expansion of a reply I dashed off earlier to Otavio on my
   way to dinner)

On Sun, Dec 16, 2007 at 10:42:41PM -0200, Otavio Salvador <otavio@debian.org> was heard to say:
> I'd like to ask you to postpone any other aptitude upload, for sid,
> until we're moved current APT to testing since we do want to move
> forward with APT on sid but d-i and other things need this (0.7.9)
> version to be available ASAP.

  Hi, Otavio.  Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

  Sorry about the trouble.  I wasn't aware that there was an apt
transition going on, but I certainly won't upload any new versions until
that goes through.  I've subscribed to -release so that I can keep an
eye on what sorts of transitions are going on in the future.  Hopefully
I can avoid future badly-timed uploads that way.

  I wonder if it would be a good idea to announce apt transitions on
deity@l.d.o?  aptitude is not special in its dependency structure; any
upload of an apt-related package will do the same thing, and I think
maintainers of those packages are more likely to be subscribed to deity
than to -release.  I could be totally mistaken in this belief, of
course.

  Daniel