apt development

Hi there,

I have some questions about apt development in general. (I'm anoyed by some
shortcommings regarding pinning and wondering if might be able to fix them
myself.)

- Is there any central place where information about apt development can be
found? (roadmap, wiki, rcs)

- Are there any efforts to add more features to the pinning mechanism? (More
selection criteria like "by source package", real wildcards for package
names) If not, how difficult do you expect this to be?

Regards, David