Debian Public Key Security Issue

Hello to whom it may concern,

Security Issue:        Debian public key is not available.
Date First Noticed:  11/21/2006

The ouput is:
W: GPG error: <mirror site> testing Release: The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY 010908312D230C5

Please note that I replaced the actual domain name of the mirror site in the output with "<mirror site>"

I believe that this problem has also brought about warnings in "aptitude" warning me that the packages are from an untrusted source.

The issue occurred while I was trying to update my debian box using:

apt-get update

However, everytime I did it, it would warn me that gpg was having difficulties verifying signatures because the public key did not exist.

It will successfully download the entire package list despite this problem.  I tried it using different mirror sites including the main site.  I also tried different releases e.g. stable, unstable, testing; however all of them still had the problem.

I chose not to update my system since this could mean that any of the packages that would be downloaded could be vulnerable.

Please let me know if I can assist you any further with the problem.

Thank You,

Chris Carroll