Bug#366788: apt: Refuses to accept older pre-existing package repositories that worked perfectly under immediate previous versions.
- To: Debian Bug Tracking System <email@example.com>
- Subject: Bug#366788: apt: Refuses to accept older pre-existing package repositories that worked perfectly under immediate previous versions.
- From: Barrie Millar <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Thu, 11 May 2006 03:15:54 +0100
- Message-id: <20060511021554.11843.77080.reportbug@PolarisDB.Millar>
- Reply-to: Barrie Millar <email@example.com>, firstname.lastname@example.org
After upgrading to the newest version of Apt shown above, running "apt-get
update" results in the following error.
Reading package lists... Error!
E: Unable to parse package file
E: Problem opening
E: The package lists or status file could not be parsed or opened.
Downgrading to the immediate previous version of Apt available (0.6.43.3)
resolves this problem. Therefore, it must be a bug with the new version of
Apt. At present, I can't see any other reason why Apt would stop on these two archives.
-- Package-specific info:
-- (no /etc/apt/preferences present) --
-- (/etc/apt/sources.list present, but not submitted) --
-- System Information:
Debian Release: testing/unstable
Architecture: i386 (i686)
Shell: /bin/sh linked to /bin/bash
Kernel: Linux 2.6.16-1-k7
Locale: LANG=en_GB, LC_CTYPE=en_GB (charmap=ISO-8859-1)
Versions of packages apt depends on:
ii libc6 2.3.6-7 GNU C Library: Shared libraries
ii libgcc1 1:4.1.0-1+b1 GCC support library
ii libstdc++6 4.1.0-1+b1 The GNU Standard C++ Library v3
Versions of packages apt recommends:
ii debian-archive-keyring 2006.01.18 GnuPG archive keys of the Debian a
-- no debconf information