Seg fault with APT

Hello all!
  I have Sarge on a AMD Sempron 2800, kernel 2.6.8. I
downloaded the openoffice.org_2.0.0-2_i386.deb from
SID website. Then I digited
"dpkg install openoffice.org_2.0.0-2_i386.deb"
but I got some errors. (I had previously removed
OOo1.1.3)
Now I can't use synaptic either apt-get to install or
remove applications since I keep getting "segmentation
fault"

I tried to purge synaptic, but of course it did not
work.
With apt-get I can only update the package list, and
my /etc/apt/sources.list is fine.

I dont know what else I can do.
Please help!
Thanks,