Re: coordination? (was: APT 0.6 development: who to synchronize with?)

also sprach Michael Vogt <mvo@debian.org> [2005.05.10.1132 +0200]:
> > Well, I haven't seen anything ever since Florian announced that he
> > was going to coordinate APT 0.6.
>
> This could probably be because of the sarge release.

Wasn't the idea to get APT 0.6 ready for sarge?

> development. That's why I am pretty happy about the move to arch (but
> I see that other people may have a different opinion on this).

I certainly prefer arch. However, a new SCM system does not
automatically take care of coordination.

> I very much agree here. It's hard to start contributing to apt and
> that shouldn't be the case. Christians idea to publish the arch
> trees of the various people sounds pretty good to me as a start.
> Do you have some more ideas here? Better API documentation comes
> to my mind, but that's a huge task (and some cleanups in the API
> comes to my mind too :).

A Todo list might be a good start. And some more traffic on the
mailing list...

> > And on a related note: I did spend 2 hours some time ago to review
> > Peter Palfrader's patch for a better key management solution.
> > I posted my results here, but I never received any comment.
>
> I'm sorry for that, I didn't responded because of lack of time.

I hope his patch gets accepted for it's sound and does what it
should far better than it's now.

Maybe we can sit together at debconf5?

`. `'`

"the well-bred contradict other people.