Re: APT feature request?

On Saturday 30 April 2005 06:22 pm, Adam D I Kramer wrote:
>         If, after my xhosting is over, I want to remove Firefox, it'd be
> great to run "apt-get remove --clutter mozilla-firefox" to remove all the
> "clutter," or stuff that I only need for Firefox. I would then be asked if
> I also wanted to remove all the junk, and if there was something I wanted
> to keep, I'd at least have a list of all the "clutter" so I could remove it
> directly with "apt-get remove".

  I believe the solution to your problem is to use a high-level package
management frontend, such as Synaptic or aptitude, rather than apt-get.

  Daniel

--
/------------------- Daniel Burrows <dburrows@debian.org> ------------------\
|                "The spork is strong with him..." -- Fluble                |