update of apt and python-apt 0.6 in Debian

Hi,
I've noticed that Ubuntu's apt and python-apt are a bit ahead of
Debian's versions. So I've gone through the diff and looked what
changes would be appropriate for Debian.

I've then forked off Matt Zimmerman's (python-)apt--main--0 branch
(which contains some Ubuntu-specific changes), to produce versions
suitable for Debian.

The results of this work are in Greek0@gmx.net--2005-main, available
at <URL:http://greek0.net/~greek0/archives>.  It's a new-style
archive, so make sure you're using a baz or tla version that can
handle this.

Important branches:
* python-apt--debian--0.6 should be suitable for Debian with its
  current apt (without bz2 tar support). It's forked off of
  python-apt--main--0.
* apt--debian--0.6 should be suitable for Debian, it has all the
  Ubuntu stuff backed out. It's a fork of apt--main--0.

Less important ones:
* python-apt--update--0.6 is a branch where I did the transforming
  of Debian's current python-apt into the version currently in
  python-apt--main--0. It has no ancestor, and is just there for the
  people who are curious about what's changed.
* apt--update--0.6 is a branch in the spirit of
  python-apt--update--0.6. However I haven't added the splitted
  patches I've laying around yet. If you want more info on the
  changes made from the latest Debian version to the current version
  in arch, tell me, and I'll update that branch or post a short
  version here.
* apt--ubuntu--0 is just a branch that contains every Ubuntu upload of
  apt. It was mostly intended as a help in understanding the code
  changes over the past time.

I'd like to see an updated version of apt and python-apt in Debian
(experimental, that is). I hope the work I've done can help.

Cheers,
Greek0

PS: Please CC: me, I'm not subscribed to deity@l.d.o.