Re: How to install and upgrade packages offline due to dial-up connection?

Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
> Andreyev Dias de Melo <andreyev@cpqd.com.br> writes:
>

>>Phillip,
>>
>>Seeking for one way to install updates from removable media, I found
>>this thread, that would be very useful to me at home.
>

> apt-zip isn't enough?

apt-zip is cool, but you almost lost control of the process... :-P

Any way, you must have 2 identical machines, yep?

I read a great paper at http://www.debian-administration.org/?article=97, where is show how to create a repository with apt-ftparchive on your completely off-line debian box.

With his paper i just put my .debs on my off-line box, write some config files and wait the Packages and Contents files grow up from .debs that apt-ftparchive found.

That's all,

Andreyev

PS: be careful if you would use .deb from apt-cacher, why its packages have HTTP header.