Re: Help: apt-get -d install --reinstall ignores dependencies

On Sat, Nov 08, 2003 at 06:38:09PM +0100, Wichert Akkerman wrote:
> Previously W. Borgert wrote:
> > I use apt-get -d install.  If the package happens to be installed
> > apt-get -d --reinstall install helps.  But if the package has
> > dependencies, the other packages are not downloaded :-(
>
> Why should it reinstall all dependencies when you ask it to reinstall
> a single package?

In most cases, it should not, of course.  The option to do
so would be great, if you want to have all the .deb files
for saving them.  In my case: I'm using apt-move and using
apt-get for downloading all dependencies would make life
easy.

Cheers,
--
W. Borgert <debacle@debian.org>, Linux User #7456 http://counter.li.org/