ATTN: Raise Apt-Cache Size Limit

Hello,

Please raise the limit for installed package lists by a lot. That newcomers to Debian have to fight the "E: Dynamic MMap ran out of room" error is rediculous. When I first got it a couple months ago, I had no idea what to do. Google produced absolutely nothing. So I figured deleting my package lists was the right thing to do. Obviously it wasn't, but how was I to know that? I'm probably not the only person who messed everything all up trying to find a solution that would let me keep my system running and upgrading in proper order. Apt should produce a much better error message when that happens, and possibly even say how to fix it right there. However, this is a waste of time, having slightly bigger packages don't kill anybody, so please set the limit a bit higher by default. Those who don't want their package lists taking so much space can decrease that themselves manually later.

Thank you,
Dan

Daniel Rasmussen
Jabber: dhrasmus@charente.de