APT-GET Odd Behavior

Hello, this is my first time in contacting this list.  It appears (to me at
least...) that when I do apt-get dist-upgrade, he wants to get rid of KDE (or
most of it).  This IS NOT what I want....I just want to upgrade packages (not
get rid of most of them installed on my system...).  This is the first tim
anything like this has EVER happened (it wants to REMOVE 118 programs for one
update, just dist-upgrade.....).  I wasn't sure why it's doing this......
Below is what it wants to do:

root@WolfLinux:/etc/apt# apt-get dist-upgrade

Reading Package Lists... Done
Building Dependency Tree... Done
Calculating Upgrade... Done

The following packages will be REMOVED:

  ark k3b kaddressbook kalarm kamera kandy kappfinder karamba karbon karm
kasteroids kate
  kate-plugins kbattleship kbounce kcalc kcharselect kchart kcmlinuz
kcoloredit kcontrol kcron
  kdat kdeaddons-kfile-plugins kdeadmin-kfile-plugins kdebase kdebase-bin
kdebase-kio-plugins
  kdegraphics-kfile-plugins kdelibs-bin kdelibs4 kdemultimedia-kfile-plugins
  kdenetwork-kfile-plugins kdepasswd kdepim kdepim-kfile-plugins kdepim-libs
kdeprint kdesktop
  kdessh kdevelop kdevelop-data kdf kdm kdvi kedit kfax kfind kfloppy kformula
kgeo kget
  kghostview kgpgcertmanager khelpcenter khexedit kicker kiconedit kivio kjots
klaptopdaemon
  klipper kmahjongg kmail kmailcvt kmenuedit kmix kmrml knotes koffice-data
koffice-libs kompare
  konq-plugins konqueror konqueror-nsplugins konsole kooka korganizer koshell
kpackage kpager
  kpaint kpersonalizer kpf kpilot kppp kpresenter krdc kreversi krfb kruler
kscd ksmserver
  ksnapshot ksokoban ksplash kspread kstars ksync ksysguard ksysv kteatime
ktimer ktip kugar
  kuickshow kuser kview kviewshell kwin kword kxconfig libkdegames1
libkdenetwork2 libkonq4
  libkscan1 lisa secpolicy

The following packages have been kept back
  kdebase-data libsmbclient mknbi samba samba-common smbclient smbfs

1 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 118 to remove and 7  not upgraded.
Need to get 5060kB of archives. After unpacking 179MB will be freed.

Do you want to continue? [Y/n] n
Abort.

root@WolfLinux:/etc/apt#

Thanks for all your work! (Apt is really a great tool....I use it often!)

I am rather a newb, and nost sure what's causing this.....if you want to see
my sources.list I will comply.....It wants to (I noted as VERY strange)
remove karamba that I just installed (using apt-get) a couple hours ago on
this machine...I found that as VERY strange.

Thanks!

-Wolf