deity CVS : no way to checkout apt module

Hi,

I'm trying to checkout the module apt from CVS to work on updating
Brazilian Portuguese (pt_BR) translation as well as to fix some typos
Brazilian users reported.

However, it seems there are problems with CVS :

andrelop@foobar:~$ cvs -d :ext:andrelop@cvs.debian.org:/cvs/deity co apt
andrelop@cvs.debian.org's password:
cvs server: Updating apt
cvs server: failed to create lock directory for `/cvs/deity/apt'
(/cvs/deity/apt/#cvs.lock): Permission deniedcvs server: failed to
obtain dir lock in repository `/cvs/deity/apt'
cvs [server aborted]: read lock failed - giving up
andrelop@foobar:~$

Could someone take a look at what's happening ?

Please, CC: me on replies as I'm not subscribed to deity list.

--
||  André Luís Lopes                 andrelop@debian.org                ||