automation brakes down when packages simplify dependencies

>> are you sure this is ok:
>>
>> # apt-get --print-uris dist-upgrade
>> The following packages have been kept back
>> xsane

J> Yep, xsane-gimp1.2 got removed (xsane now built with gimp1.2
J> extensions), so xsane-common doesn't exist anymore.

therefore apt-get updgrade or dist-upgrade don't get it anymore.
therefore one must do apt-get install xsane to cure it it seems.

OK, too bad automation brakes down here. I suppose it is to err on the
side of caution.  Same with fetchmail. ok, i guess i am new around
here.  Hmmm, -f didn't help.
--
http://jidanni.org/ Taiwan(04)25854780