db2->3, apt-https, solved: Re: problem with "CATALOGS"

On Sat, 11 Jan 2003, Jason Gunthorpe wrote:

> On Thu, 12 Dec 2002, Tomas Pospisek wrote:
>
> > I still can't compile CVS there's still this problem with catalogs that
> > I've reported [1]. Could anybody shed any light on this or tell me what
> > packages I need to be able to build it?
>
> I think I fixed this in CVS now. However, in doing so, you probably now
> need the unstable gettext, automake and autoconf, or something :|

Ack - I needed the unstable gettext and everything built fine. Thanks a
lot. Would you mind adding:

debian/control:

Build-Depends: ..., gettext (>> 0.11)

and another issue: what about terminaly moving from db2 to db3? There are
too many packages that need db2-dev to build so one is all the time in
conflict. I've resolved that by patching the makefiles in order not build
ftparchive and by adding:

Build-Depends: ... libdb2-dev| libdb3-dev ...

Localy on my devel-box I'm now again runnig apt-CVS with my https method.
So you should be hearing from me in case problem creep up.

Regarding stability - besides us I have received reports from about 4
people successfully employing apt-https ;-). I'm telling you this since
having the https method in CVS is still an ambition of mine :-) Jason?
Adam (hope you don't mind the Cc:)?
*t

     Tomas Pospisek
     sourcepole    -   Linux & Open Source Solutions
     http://sourcepole.com
     Elestastrasse 18,  7310 Bad Ragaz,  Switzerland
     Tel:+41 (81) 330 77 13,  Fax:+41 (81) 330 77 12