Re: Reassigning to apt

On Mon, Sep 09, 2002 at 12:08:11PM -0600, Jason Gunthorpe wrote:

> On Mon, 9 Sep 2002, Luca - De Whiskey's - De Vitis wrote:
>
> > 2) apt refuse to instal slash with this message:
>
> > This violates paragraph 7.2. of Debian Policy.
>
> Er no, APT refused to install anything that cannot be fully brought into
> the installed state. (ie stopping at unconfigured is not acceptable).
> Policy is describing the required state transitions a package goes
> through during installation, not the way the tools interact with
> the user.

I do not agree on the behaviour of apt-get in this circumstancies. It doesn't
even allow me to download the package (this doesn't imply that i want to
install it). With this behaviour you force me to use dselect.
I hope this is only a missing feature.

ciao,
P.S.: i'm not subscribed to the list, so please include me in the CC.
--
Luca - De Whiskey's - De Vitis              | Elegant or ugly code as well
aliases: Luca ^De [A-Z][A-Za-z\-]*[iy]'\?s$ | as fine or rude sentences have