Re: still index corruption problems with apt-CVS

On Mon, 1 Jul 2002, Tomas Pospisek wrote:

> On Thu, 27 Jun 2002, Jason Gunthorpe wrote:
>
> > Hmm, maybe send me a copy of your /var/lib/apt/* stuff, I'll see if I can
> > see whats wrong..

OK, here we go. I'm getting:

Building Dependency Tree... Done
The following packages will be upgraded
  nethack-common nethack-qt
2 packages upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 6 not upgraded.
E: The package index files are corrupted. No Filename: field for package
nethack-qt.
Some errors occurred while unpacking. I'm going to configure the
packages that were installed. This may result in duplicate errors
or errors caused by missing dependencies. This is OK, only the errors
above this message are important. Please fix them and run [I]nstall again
Press enter to continue.

installation script returned error exit status 100.
Press <enter> to continue.

You can find the files at http://sourcepole.ch/about_us/tpo/oss/apt.tgz

> Btw. - will you have time to include https sometime these weeks?

I've read on Debian Weekly News:

> The upstream developer, however, has some reservations against including
> pieces of stunnel.

Erm - is that a grave problem?
*t

     Tomas Pospisek
     sourcepole    -   Linux & Open Source Solutions
     http://sourcepole.com
     Elestastrasse 18,  7310 Bad Ragaz,  Switzerland
     Tel:+41 (81) 330 77 13,  Fax:+41 (81) 330 77 12