Re: *help* apt-https

On Thu, 23 May 2002, Jason Gunthorpe wrote:

> > > Well, does it have a Filename: field? :>
>
> > Yes :-) :
>
> Hmmm.
>
> try 'rm /var/cache/apt/*.bin' if you have been messing with the apt/lists/
> directory it may be out of sync (highly unlikely, but would have these
> symptoms)

Done

> Are you using CVS?

Yes

> There were some corner case type bugs with the parser that could also do this.
>
> 'apt-cache show dummypkg' will dump the records exactly as the parser will
> see them, if something is out of wack they will not look correct.

tpo2:/home/tpo# apt-cache show dummypkg
Package: dummypkg
Version: 1.3-19
 The GNU hello program produces a familiar, friendly greeting.  It
 allows nonprogrammers to use a classic computer science tool which
 would otherwise be unavailable to them.
 .
 Seriously, though: this is an example of how to do a Debian package.
 It is the Debian version of the GNU Project's `hello world' program
 (which is itself an example for the GNU Project).
installed-size: 84

> Beyond that, using gdb and looking at Recs will eventually lead you to the
> Tag Section instance which holds the pointer to the entire string it is
> tryng to parse, if it still looks correct, you can trace into the actual
> lookup function in FileName() and see why it is angry.

Hmm... I'm currently looking at it.

Thanks a lot Jason,
*t

     Tomas Pospisek
     sourcepole    -   Linux & Open Source Solutions
     http://sourcepole.com
     Elestastrasse 18,  7310 Bad Ragaz,  Switzerland
     Tel:+41 (81) 330 77 13,  Fax:+41 (81) 330 77 12