Re: apt-https authentication

Whoa :-))

cool to hear back from you, thanks ;-)

On Wed, 15 May 2002, Jason Gunthorpe wrote:

> On Wed, 15 May 2002, Tomas Pospisek wrote:
>
> > It looks to me as if it would be best to rip ssl.c out of stunnel and put
> > it into the apt codebase as is, 1:1 without change and just make
>
> Perhaps, it depends somewhat on the license too..

GPL

> > ssl.c seems to be very clean and handles a lot of stuff and leaves open a
> > lot of options on how to handle certificates, authentication etc. If we
>
> Well, you don't really want alot of options, you just want to have it work
> :>
>
> You have to decide if you want to implement the full HTTP type checking
> with authoritative signers/etc, or something simpler..

I want full checking and I want to give the user a choice (certificates is
a somewhat complicated affair and I guess not everybody's piece of cake).

Have you had time to look at the re-re-reimplementation of apt-https?
Do you want to include it in CVS in case it fits your aesthetic
perception? I'm asking because I've been spending most of my time with
bending it into nice shape according to your taste...
*t

     Tomas Pospisek
     sourcepole    -   Linux & Open Source Solutions
     http://sourcepole.com
     Elestastrasse 18,  7310 Bad Ragaz,  Switzerland
     Tel:+41 (81) 330 77 13,  Fax:+41 (81) 330 77 12