man page buglets

<quote>
APT-CONFIG(8)                                       APT-CONFIG(8)
       --version
              Show the program verison.
</quote>                       ^^^^^^^
typo !                         version

<quote>
APT.CONF(5)                                           APT.CONF(5)
       All of the APT tools take a  -o  option  which  ...
                                            ...    Lists  can  be
       appended too by adding a trailing :: to the list name.
</quote>        ^^^
one appends *to* lists.

I found the explanation of how to create a list confusing: perhaps
an illustration would be a good idea ?  (Creating a list with several
entries, of course; I take it <quote>

       DPkg::Pre-Install-Pkgs {"/usr/sbin/dpkg-preconfigure --apt";};

</quote> is illustrating a single-item list ...)

And I still can't see how to force a reconfigure of a package which
has been mis-configured somewhere down the line - I could swear I told
ispell I want to use british dictionaries, and it used to do so, but
it recently changed over to american (presumably during recent
upgrades) and I can't find how to tell the tools that I want to
reconfigure it.  Use of dpkg-reconfigure does nothing (well, OK, it
waits a second or two before I get my prompt back, but nothing else).
Fortunately, frobbing the /etc/alternatives/ links seems to suffice,
albeit I worry about what'll happen next time I get an upgrade ...

	Eddy.