Re: apt-get dselect upgrade problems

    Adam> On Thu, 12 Jul 2001, "Jürgen A. Erhard" wrote:
    >> As I said, that's bullshit.  You're right that dpkg's available file
    >> needs to be up to date... but only for dselect and for manual browsing
    >> (do that quite often myself).  dpkg itself doesn't use it AFAIK.

    Adam> dpkg does.  if you do dpkg -i foo.deb, it will update the
    Adam> entry in available.

If you say so, I believe it[1].  Though I wonder whatever dpkg does
that for... I don't see anything needing updating in the available
file.  I thought the status file was the place for that...

Bye, J

[1] For the people on debian-user who don't know it: doogie is one of
the "brotherhood of dpkg/dselect hackers".  So of course I believe one
who uses the source.  ;-)

PS: Reduced the CC list somewhat... should this be kept on
debian-user?  deity@lists.d.o I'm not subscribed to, and
apt@packages.d.o isn't even a regular list.

PPS: Heck, this is almost EOT anyway... ;-)

--
 Jürgen A. Erhard  (juergen.erhard@gmx.net, jae@users.sourceforge.net)
     MARS: http://members.tripod.com/Juergen_Erhard/mars_index.html