apt: parallel port cdrom using with.

Dear Sir,

I'm trying to use my parallel port external cdrom (old 486 notebook without internal cdrom drive) with Debian distribution. I already can make it work mounting it in the /cdrom (# mount /dev/pcd0 /cdrom). I'm using paride, on26, parport_probe and pcd drivers.
But when I go apt-setup this program refuse to see my cdrom. Apparently it unmounts the cdrom when it loads. I could made the apt-cdrom see it using '# apt-cdrom -m -d /cdrom add' but apt-setup can not see it.
Is it possible to make apt-setup see my cdrom?

Thank You,

Armando.