Re: downloading downgraded packages

thanks for the fast reply, Jason! I must have missed that section in the
manpage

On Sun, Mar 11, 2001 at 03:35:24PM -0700, Jason Gunthorpe wrote:
> > I think it would be nice if apt-get could have the same functionality as
> > fetch (the binary in apt-move 4.x): if you give fetch a list of packages
> > (on the commandline), it will just download them, without looking if the
>
> I have not entirely decided if that is appropriate functionality for
> apt-get. I am tempted to say it is not. A quality deb downloader tool like
> you probably want would be best done as a seperate program using
> libapt-pkg, or using the coming python bindings.
well, seems to me as if it would only be a few extra if-lines (but of course I
could be wrong, since I haven't searched very hard for downgrade-code in
apt-get's source yet), and I actually hoped that such a solution would solve me
those headaches I have with apt-move's fetch and apt-get 0.5.x...

--
Admar Schoonen                            E-mail: admar@luon.net
Student Electrotechnology at Eindhoven, University of Technology

 If a day would have 48 hours, the job would be done at 26h pm.