Re: [cts@debian.org: Re: does not build from source on m68k]

On Wed, 7 Mar 2001, Christian T. Steigies wrote:

> I tried that again on a freshly installed chroot, the build did get further
> this time, this problem is in fact an sgml problem? I don't know which sgml
> package is buggy, please forward to the appropriate maintainer.

Yes, I don't know which either, sorry.. Lully had the same problem and I
apt-get remove .*sgml.* --purge and re-installed and it went away. Dan
said it was something to do with the /etc/sgml/catalog file.

> However, the build did not complete:

This, is bad, and is very much unexpected. Can you send me the
build/environment.mak file that is produced directly after the
configuration step? (you do not have to compile it)

AFAIK this is only caused by config.guess/config.sub not guessing your
system right. The test I used to determine if I should bother with shared
libraries changed slightly for v5 to accomidate hurd, but it should not
have broken anthing else.

Thanks,