Re: apt maintainers dead?

On 7 Jan 2001, Goswin Brederlow wrote:

> I tried to contact the apt maintainers about rsync support for
> apt-get (a proof of concept was included) but haven't got an answere
> back yet.

No, you are just rediculously impatatient.

Date: 06 Jan 2001 19:26:59 +0100
Subject: rsync support for apt

Date: 07 Jan 2001 22:42:02 +0100
Subject: apt maintainers dead?

Just a bit over 24 hours? Tsk Tsk.

The short answer is exactly what you should expect - No, absolutely not.
Any emergence of a general rsync for APT method will result in the
immediate termination of public rsync access to our servers.

I have had discussions with the rproxy folks, and I feel that they are
currently the best hope for this sort of thing. If you want to do
something, then help them.