Re: Bug#80937: apt-get doesn't calculate ETA per-server
- To: Daniel Stone <email@example.com>
- Cc: APT Development Team <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: Bug#80937: apt-get doesn't calculate ETA per-server
- From: Adam Heath <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2001 02:27:05 -0600 (CST)
- Message-id: <Pine.LNX.4.21.0101010226340.8887-100000@yakko>
- In-reply-to: <GEfUZ.A.AR.02DU6@murphy>
On Mon, 1 Jan 2001, Daniel Stone wrote:
> > Sure, but 4 mins into that 2.5h the ETA switched to be 2.5h. The ETA is
> > instantaneous, not averaging, specifically because of this effect.
> sure, but I didn't realise how slow spidermonkey was and made arrangements
> to be picked up in 15 minutes. suckage.
> if it was multi-server, it would've said (2.5h + 4min) at the time.
But, on slow pipes, the different server speeds could bounce back and forth.
----BEGIN GEEK CODE BLOCK----
GCS d- s: a-- c+++ UL++++ P+ L++++ !E W+ M o+ K- W--- !O M- !V PS--
PE++ Y+ PGP++ t* 5++ X+ tv b+ D++ G e h*! !r z?
-----END GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
----BEGIN PGP INFO----
Adam Heath <firstname.lastname@example.org> Finger Print | KeyID
67 01 42 93 CA 37 FB 1E 63 C9 80 1D 08 CF 84 0A | DE656B05 PGP
AD46 C888 F587 F8A3 A6DA 3261 8A2C 7DC2 8BD4 A489 | 8BD4A489 GPG
-----END PGP INFO-----