Re: apt, sources.list and LDAP

On 13 Jun 2000, Turbo Fredriksson wrote:

> I'd like to have the sources.list in a LDAP database, but I don't know
> much C++... Can anyone see if it's possible to modify apt to move the
> sources.list into an LDAP database?

Gah, this is getting awefully common..

If someone writes an extension that allows you to write:

import "ldap" "....."

Which would fork a program called /usr/lib/apt/sources/ldap which would
then use the query string "...." to return on stdout a list of all
sources.list lines for that query then I would apply that patch.

The weird access methods can be packaged seperately and written in perl or
something.