Re: UPGRADING w/static apt & dpkg [quite urgent!]

On Tue, 9 May 2000, Wichert Akkerman wrote:

> Previously J.A. Bezemer wrote:
> > Okay, but that doesn't work on bo (libc5). A static version is essentially the
> > same but it works everywhere.
>
> Bzzt, wrong. Think nss modules for resolving.

Hmmm. Would that mean that libc6.1-static apt can't be used on libcX <
libc6.1? But that would only be a problem with FTP/HTTP mirrors, wouldn't it?

I did test successfully with a local mirror and CDs. There's actually only a
_need_ for potato apt when upgrading from a set of CDs. FTP/HTTP upgrades can
very well use standard slink apt.

But, if this is true, that would mean static!=static any more. That would be
_very_ bad. Some more testing is required.

Regards,
  Anne Bezemer