Re: #60973 zope names itself Zope in the control

Previously Georg Bauer wrote:
> I now changed any occurrence of "Zope" to "zope" in control fields like
> Depends, Package and stuff. After that a package install and update went
> fine, no "Zope" added any more. It looks from my point as if dpkg or apt
> do add "Zope" as soon as any of the packages name or reference "Zope".
> Maybe it uses the ascii sorted first version (upper cases being
> before lower cases in ASCII)?

If I remember correctly dpkg uses whatever occurs latest, which can be
something from the status file, available file or a package itself. dpkg
seems to be mixed case sensitive and case insensitive in this respect,
and as a result an uppercase version of the packagename might get
`stuck' in the database. Fixing this is on the TODO-list for woody.

Wichert.

 / Generally uninteresting signature - ignore at your convenience  \
| wichert@liacs.nl                    http://www.liacs.nl/~wichert/ |