Re: GUI for apt/apt-get

On Sat, 18 Dec 1999, Salman Ahmed wrote:

> Are there any debian developers currently working on or planning to work
> on a GUI interface to apt/apt-get ? I heard that someone was working on
> a GTK based application that would duplicate the functionality of
> apt-get.

There are currently several GUI/APT projects going on:
  1) Corel's Package master based on QTK
  2) Rumors that Stormix is going to move their package manager from
     libdpkg to libapt
  3) GNome-APT (GTK and now orphaned)
  4) Console-APT
  5) Aptitude (ncurses)
  6) Maui (QT)

The gnome-apt program particularly needs work, ever since Havoc was hired
by Red Hat he has not had time for it.