Re: gettextized apt?

On Sun, 7 Nov 1999, Jason Gunthorpe wrote:

> On Sat, 6 Nov 1999, Piotr Roszatycki wrote:
>
> > > Before potato? No.. Maybe after. It needs some careful editing to do
> > > gettext.
>
> > Aaah :(
>
> It isn't that important, the amount of text the user sees with apt-get is
> really short [~50 words]. The main problem is that the pages and pages of
> readable documentation is only in english right now, so non-english
> speakers are missing out on a substantial amount of information.

Documentation can be distributable out of main archive, i.e. on
local WWW pages which supports Debian for local users.

Messages have to be implemented in sources.
I would be graceful if apt had implemented gettext, even without
translated *.mo files so I could prepare translation and put it
i.e. on my webpage with Polish resources.

This is my suggestion, but you have to decide..

--

Piotr "Dexter" Roszatycki
mailto:dexter@fnet.pl