Re: APT and SSH Method

> Do you just invoke scp for every file or do you attempt to re-use the
> connection somehow? (speak directly to scp?)

scp is really just a wrapper to ssh. I was going to exploit that and use the same methods with ssh. I wanted orginally go to even further so I could have a ssh library of some sorts so I could have complete control. This would then allow things like passwords in the sources.list file (although this is not secure it is still better than using ftp the same way), but we are flat out with our new version of software SINA 3.1 which has to be delivered REAL soon.
So to cut a REALLY long story short, I call scp each time :-)

Scott

---
Scott Penrose - Developer
 Schoolsnet Australia Pty. Ltd.