Re: gnome-apt

On Mon, 9 Aug 1999, Havoc Pennington wrote:

> the kind of thing that would cause a compile failure. It was just a change
> in library semantics. So gnome-apt wasn't checking for all the proper
> circumstances.

Was there? Hmm..

> It seems there's some new library feature to handle media swapping, I
> don't see how that works yet so gnome-apt will somewhat ungracefully bail
> out if media swapping is needed...

Yeah, you need this loop thing. I'm pondering moving that entire process
into some internal interface but not entirely sure what something like
that should look like.

> > Also, a qustion... couldn't gnome-apt (and apt-get) be set to resume downloading
> > automatically until the doanload is finished (like wget does?)

> This is a libapt-pkg issue so I'll hand off to Jason - gnome-apt doesn't
> do anything to determine this.

Ah, you set acquire::retires I belive (in the apt.conf man page) and it
will go off and retry like that until that counter runs out or it gets the
file..