Re: Saving Apt selections

On Sun, 27 Jun 1999, Havoc Pennington wrote:

> Jason, do you have any thoughts on how this should be implemented? I'm
> starting to fool around with gnome-apt again and this is something I'd
> like to play with. Would a simple dpkg --get-selections type of dump be
> good enough? Where do you want to put the file?

Oh, it should be pretty easy. I think the basic plan would be to write the
contents of the DepCache out to a file that looks very much like the
Package file. We still need to get support in for more sophisticated
version management, but nobody has come up with a really good way to do it
(it is largely a ui issue really...)

Jsaon