Re: WWWOFFLE & Debian apt

On Sat, 27 Mar 1999, Alex Shnitman wrote:

> I noticed a problem with Debian's apt program and WWWOFFLE, when used
> as an HTTP proxy. It's either a problem in WWWOFFLE or in apt or in
> both. I need help in finding it. The weird thing is that it only
> happens when you combine apt and WWWOFFLE -- each works very well on
> its own.

WWOFFLE may not be properly handling keep-alive, APT does not explicly
enable it but it does send a HTTP/1.1 header which the remote end should
understand and turn on keep-alive.

It looks like WWOFFLE is pre-maturely closing the connection and either
not sending the whole file or not allowing the connection to linger.