Re: ftp.conf for apt ?

On Fri, 19 Mar 1999, Richard Vanek wrote:

> Hi
>
> I am trying upgrade from 2.0 to 2.1 with help of apt. In sources.list(5)
> is configuration for ftp mentioned as manual page ftp.conf(5) but I have
> not it on mysystem. Could you please write me which package I have to
> install if I want to use it ?

Unless you need FTP proxy support that man reference is irrelevent.
Furthermore their is no ftp.conf anymore, it was removed when the ftp
method moved from perl to C.

If you do need FTP proxy support you have to use APTv3 which is (soon)
available from potato but you get can it form my home directory
http://www.debian.org/~jgg/aptv3-ftp.deb